Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back To School


It seems no matter what you do with your summer, it always goes by too fast. At the end of June we flew out to Ohio for my brother's wedding. We all stayed in cabins out in the woods (something I am not use to), but it was fun to spend time with family that I haven't seen in years! 

Cutting the cake :)

Me and Jess after a sweaty hike 

The Bride and Groom

About a week after we arrived home we left again for Wyoming. We spent the 4th of July shooting off fireworks in Wyoming bundled up in sweaters and blankets. How I don't miss the freezing weather there all year round! A week later we came back to St. George to the comfort of air conditioning. Soon after, I picked up my key to my classroom and began the madness. Two weeks later I can finally tell that I have made much progress and I feel like I am almost ready to start a new year. I am sad that summer is over and I am no longer able to sleep in and that I can no longer be lazy, but I am ready to go back. I am excited for a new year with a new group of kids. 

As for Jade he starts school at the end of August so he gets to soak up a few more weeks of lying around the house with Jeter all day. He is 1 out of 2 guys in a cohort of like 40 girls so I wish him the best of luck to get through these next two years without going insane! 

1 comment:

The Shusters said...

Hey Kelsey! So either it has been so long since I've seen you, or else you are getting really tall!! :) I miss you! I hope our paths will eventually cross...sooner than later!! Good luck with your class and have fun!